Saturday, August 31, 2013

Sand, empanadas, and... Spanish struggles.

My sister got on my case today about not writing enough blogs... so this one's for you sis.
Today was a great day that began with sleeping in, lunch/reading on the beach, then a friend and I met up with some other peeps from Mexico that I know (different ones than previously posted about) to go to Con Con.
Con Con is a little town just up the road from Viña del Mar. It's a 20 minute bus ride, and right before you actually get into Con Con you hop off the bus to hike up to the sand dunes (los dunes).





Lucky me, my friends had a sandboard and a sandsled! You just strap in, shut your mouth, squint, and head down the hill. On my first try I was laughing so hard that I ate a mouthful of sand that was blown into my face! I didn't care though, this was way too much fun!







The sledding was so fast! I was the gringo screaming all the way down the hill ha. 




The ride down is super fun! The hike back up... not so much. It feels like you're summiting a 14er. 



We then walked down to the beach and had a really funny moment. Kaylin and I were looking at these rocks from a distance, and we swore we could see a man walking on water! Like no joke, we saw a figure walking on water! So just imagine this... the gringos already sound funny when trying to speak spanish. Now they are trying to explain that they see a man walking on water. En serio! That was so funny and frustrating at the same time. Then I realized that the guy was actually slacklining! From so far away you couldn't see the line, so he just looks like he was walking on water. Then we got closer to watch some of the action. If you don't know what slacklining is you should google it cause it's pretty cool. I brought mine to Chile and I'm really glad I did. 








I mean let's be honest... I look just as cool if not cooler than those guys... (;


After the sand dunes we actually went into Con Con and stopped at a restaurant that is known for its empanadas. I got a cheese and mushroom empanada that was to die for! Empanadas are certainly going to be something that I will miss when I come back to the States. So I plan on enjoying every single one I get while I am here!
Hope all is well in the States! Happy Labor Day weekend :)

No comments:

Post a Comment