Saturday, August 3, 2013

Chile is cold!

You would think I would have something better to say than "Chile is cold," but really since we got here, my feet have not felt warm. I talked to a few people that also studied in Chile, and they warned me that Chile is humid and cold which means it doesn't leave you. So you stay cold, even if you're wearing all the right stuff.
Luckily I have a wonderful host family that have electric blankets in all their beds. Good deal! They are a very sweet family, and we have already had some laughs about how not so good the spanish speaking is. I feel very "at home" with them, and that's all I have been praying for. I got to meet little Jorge (the two year old) and he was so excited to see us! You know how sometimes you have to ask parents what their two year old is trying to say? Yeah, well it's even worse when the two year old speaks spanish. I have no idea what he is trying to say! But he's so cute I don't even care.
Tomorrow I am going to mass at one of the three Churches very close to my home, then we will get a tour of Viña del Mar. From my brief glimpse of it today on the bus, it's a crowded city with a distinct mix of rich and poor. I'm excited to see more tomorrow.
Hope all is well in the States! Thank you for all the prayers!




No comments:

Post a Comment