Friday, December 13, 2013

Twenty Hours and Ten Things...

Well... my bus to the Santiago airport leaves in 20 hours. I would be lying if I said I wasn't excited! It's been a very long time since I have been home, and a long time since I have hugged my parents. I spent last night reading over my past blogs and I kind of can't believe all I have gotten to do and see and experience here. It feels like I have been here much longer than 4 months, and Chile is very much a part of me now. So I cannot exactly tell you what it will be like returning to the States. I think the culture of Chile has influenced me more than I know, and I will start to realize that when I get back home. Everyone says that just like the culture shock you experience while abroad, you also experience a culture shock coming back. I find that hard to believe, but I suppose I will find out. I know that I am going to spend the rest of my life reaping the benefits of having studied abroad... I just don't know what that will look like. I am pretty sure I will continue writing in this blog for while about life after Chile.

Anyway, there are some things I am looking forward to when I get back home! So I made a list... again.

  1. FAMILY & FRIENDS! Duh.
  2. I cannot wait to get to drive!! Driving is not something you really think about missing, but I do!  It will be nice to not have to wait for a bus to go somewhere or to walk for 30 minutes across town. Don't get me wrong, walking is good, but when you're late... you get to run. Not so fun.
  3. Fort Collins! I have been home-sick yes... but I have been extremely Fort Collins-sick. I miss the community, the town, and CSU. 
  4. Coffee shops and coffee dates. Not many people just go to coffee shops to sit and talk for a bit here. That's what bars are for I guess.
  5. Winter-wear. Winter is my favorite season along with fall, so I am excited to get into my boots, jackets, and scarves. 
  6. Mass in english! I may respond in spanish on accident though.
  7. My other clothes. I am really sick of the clothes I brought here, and I feel like I have worn them down so much.
  8. Swing dancing!
  9. I'm excited to have casual conversation that doesn't make my head hurt. It's pretty exhausting always having to have SUPER attention when you want to talk to someone, and not miss what they're saying. Of course I will miss those people here that I chat with in spanish. I just won't miss how hard it was to get to this point.
  10. Skiing and snowboarding! 
Guess that's it. Last blog to be written in Chile. But more come after in Colorado! Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment