Saturday, September 28, 2013

The random things I miss.

I'm super happy here in Chile. Yet, I am starting to notice that there are some small things that I really miss in the U.S. They're so small, and it's funny to notice that I actually miss them.

Things about the States that I miss...
  • Self-checkout lines... especially when only 2 out of 30 lines are open in the store and you have all but 2 items.
  • The sound of my Bialetti making REAL coffee. The instant stuff got old after the first packet. 
  • Dogs being excited to see you. Almost all the dogs here are strays and are just laying around on the street. They don't care that you're walking by. Just wag your tail dang it!
  • Good customer service. If there's one thing that America does better than the rest of the world, it's customer service. No such thing here or really anywhere else in the world. 
  • Studying in coffee shops. This also doesn't happen here in Chile, because people can come  and steal your stuff. Actually people only ever study in there houses, which is no fun after coming from  Fort Collins.
  • Bike rides. It's a dangerous endeavor here. 
  • Cooking for myself.
  • Driving. Also a dangerous endeavor here.
  • Salads. Their idea of salads here is iceberg lettuce and peeled tomatoes (um, yeah they peel tomatoes) all soaked in lemon juice and oil. It tastes fine, but it just looks too pathetic to be called a salad.
  • Not having to worry about a potential strike. There's always a strike at the post office, bus station, or some place important... gosh it's so irritating when people fight for something they believe in! ;)
I guess if that's the list, then life must be pretty good. And it is. Happy Fall in the States, happy Spring and beach weather here! Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment